Sunday 22 May 2022

Can I Post? I Don't Know, Can You?

Shouldn't it be may I? As in May? The month of May? Not that I may, I don't have a may. OK. Some random things happen in May. Like moeders' day. Or Mother's Day, to all you yanks. Here, Alexis is celebrated both as a mom and as an educator, with those Peloza kids and the billboard behind her. There's something you won't see on just any blog. A mention of the billboard above the peanut butter factory across the street. I think Eva is catching a glimpse of the pizza that is on its way to our table.

But life can't all be pizzas and billboards. In addition to kids to raise, there are dogs to look after. We don't say raise dogs because, you know. All of Cole are good, but one captures the side-eye.



Calli just stares intently ahead.


Another Spring brings another aerial show for Eva. First, some group shots.


 
Eva didn't solo in this show, but she kind of stole the show in a chandlyra performance.
 

And the focus of the show, the creative process expressed through a painting, was created by Eva herself. Each time I see Eva perform it's emotional because I can't help but be transported back to two weeks in Hanoi in early 2010. This one was even more special, given her dual role in the performance. It also helps that she's coming off of a quarter at school for the ages. The performance got started right as a thunderstorm passed over. One loud clap of thunder and then some of the hardest rain I've ever heard hitting the roof of the building. It was a good metaphor for the journey of both Eva and Levi. You give them shelter and protect from the world, as they learn how to thrive and to shine. Dear reader, I will say it's going pretty well so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment