Saturday, 1 August 2026

The Happiest I've Ever Been

My wife positively flips when the storm clouds move in.

  

It must be something she's heard since she was a child. If you do a cartwheel every day you'll be able to do a cartwheel when you're 70. That and change your underwear because you never know when you'll be invited to the White House. Or meet the President or something.

Then came the day. Tuesday, July 28. The first day of Levi's career in healthcare. Full disclosure, the picture was taken at the end of the week on Friday afternoon.

And we wrapped the week with a birthday. It began with tea, and continued on with hair brush art.

 

Later the night we capped the day, and the week, with family sushi. That evening was the happiest I've even been in my life. Not saying I haven't been as happy before, probably have been at least a few times. Close to it hundreds of time. But I don't think I've ever been happier. And there isn't even a picture. I take that as a good sign. After 18 years of recording my family life I now feel less urgency to get it all down and am OK to just revel in it.

Meanwhile, dogs.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment