Monday 21 June 2021

My Day, My Weekend, My Year, My Life

Somewhere along the way we went salsa dancing. Again. Always with the salsa dancing, they say. Hey, there they go salsa dancing again. Do they ever stop salsa dancing?

Eva performed in another show. This one put together, completely, in less than one week during camp. I've asked if she performs in Cirque to try and get a location other than Vegas.



The night before Father's Day, Father's Day Eve, we went drinking in a public park. America! The kids had ice cream, and we also shared some pop-up pretzel and beer cheese. But it was really about the beer.

Too cool to be here.

 
Eva made a little braid on my head.

Then Levi bombed it.

They had a great time at the park, and I'm finding they are less and less annoying to each other as time goes on. Still annoying, yes, but leaning more toward enjoyment every day.


These two have always had fun together. Although I'm not sure if this game has a name or they just invented something new.

Finally, the big day arrived. I said it at the time and I still think it. Best Father's Day ever. Spent the first bunch of it slamming a 750 piece puzzle.


Breaking from the puzzle to .... wait for it... drink outside! This time at a formal,m licensed establishment. With a vegan food truck. Good times.

 
I think the role of father is finally catching up to my hairline. They grey has been a long time coming, but I feel like it gets a little bit more sparse in the front every year.
 
 
Trying to compare to the hair line of the old man when he was right around the same age as me. Same cool hair style, same swagger. Gorgeous woman on his arm.


Another year brings another card. I loved this one, like the day, more than any of the others before it.

Later in the evening Eva made an impromptu additional card, and I cried for the second time that weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment