Sunday 21 June 2015

My Day

Today, second only to my birthday, is supposed to be my day. And I can't think of anything better than spending it taking care of my family.

The traditional Lexington Fathers' Day lunch was the first real highlight of the day. Burgers and a beer. And a tower of blocks with what is surely the most awkward pair of forced smiles in the history of photography. See, that's why I don't like staged pictures.


On a fathers' day it is useful to be reminded of the importance of humility. Eva and I are solid, but there is no substitute for this.


Levi is every bit the boy as he demonstrates his technique for staying cool in the Drake's front patio with the doors up (yeah!). The wet napkin/bandana.


Speaking of rednecks, the afternoon highlight was truly out of the neighbor nightmare handbook. A lawn chair, wireless speaker, and a couple kids with a sprinkler. Below Eva does her best best "dog with a shock collar" imitation and she approaches the sprinkler. Hard to believe it, but she is actually having fun.


Here she shows her true feelings, perhaps it was just a case of moving from the sprinkler to the sprayer. It's all about control.


Levi has control, but still chooses to spray himself in the face. Hey, I have a great idea, I wonder what would happen if I take this hose and shoot myself with it. Not hot anymore.


As for this last picture, no description is needed. Pure joy. Total, unreserved, free-from-any-care-in-the-world, joy. If I could ask for anything for those Peloza kids in their future, it would be to remember the ability to feel exactly that.

No comments:

Post a Comment