Monday, 14 September 2026

New And Old Pattens

This week was the first competition of the 2026 marching band season. How do I know? I received a post on Saturday around 5pm, a parent post of the first run at the Dunbar Invitational. It was the first time I thought about that world continuing on without us. Saturdays in the Fall have a new vibe. 

Plenty of meals throughout the week with the kids, especially Levi going to and from shifts at his job. Whether the cafeteria on campus on a restaurant in town it's a blessing to have this kind of connection after someone goes away to college. 

 

That different vibe in Fall 2027 sees us in some familiar patterns, and some new ones.
 
 

And mostly familiar patterns at home with pups. But one interesting shift toward dogs being on the same couch at the same time. Can't tell if Rubble is just becoming chilled enough for Hazy, or Hazy just giving up waiting for him to chill. 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment