Saturday 13 June 2015

Picture This

I had in my head the image of tonight. Picture this. Tonight, sitting in this farmhouse in the north of France, my life has surpassed anything I've ever experienced. The windows and shutters are wide open, the kids are playing in the yard out front. We built a fire in the fireplace, a bottle of (Italian?) wine is opened. My amazing wife is doing backflips on the trampoline out back. The birds are chirping, I can just tell it's going to be an amazing night late into the twilight.

Earlier today we arrived to a bottle of champagne (it is the champagne region of France, after all), and our server Eva.



To make the perfect evening, we went into town tonight and had quite an interesting (and passable) Chinese buffet dinner. In Franch. Mon dieu!



Sure enough, outside tonight in the French countryside I can say that I have never been happier in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment